If you live in an apartment in Roanoke, VA, then you have plenty to do during Labor Day weekend. Here are just a few ideas:
America Works Labor Day Parade and Festival on Sat, August 31st 2013 – This is an event that will be fun for the entire family! The America Works Labor Day Parade begins at 11am and goes from Jefferson Street to Campbell Avenue, ending at Williamson Road.
At the end of the parade, don't miss the America Works Labor Day Festival, beginning at 12 noon and continuing through 4pm on Franklin Road. There will be entertainment, games, food vendors, and more!
Awful Arthur's Beach Bash - Awful Arthur's 3rd Annual Beach Bash kicks off Saturday, August 31st. This year is even bigger and better. There will be more sand to fill the full bar and fun and games including a corn hole tournament and a dunking booth. Market Street will be blocked off just for the festivities.
- The dunking booth will open around noon. Proceeds will benefit a local charitable organization.
- Registration for the corn hole tournament will open at 11 a.m. and the tourney will begin around noon. There will be four "lanes" for corn hole to be played on Market Street.
- At 5:30 p.m. Kidd Carter will take over as the mc and help get everyone pumped up for the Tech/Alabama football game. The game will be on ESPN from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m.
- During halftime, or around 7 p.m., Kidd Carter will announce the winner of the iPad mini sweepstakes. The winner doesn't have to be present to win.
- The live entertainment will kick off at 8 p.m. with Barrelhouse on the outdoor stage. Barrelhouse has shared stages with ZZ Top, Gregg Allman, Delbert McClinton, Jimmy Herring, and Jason Isbell.
- Half Moon will finish the night with a contemporary blend of high energy funk and rock in an improvisational and experimental atmosphere.
The festivities will begin at 10am and bacon-inspired culinary samples will be enjoyed in all their delicious glory until 5pm at Railside Plaza at 19 Salem Ave, SW in downtown Roanoke, Virginia.
In addition to the satisfying sizzle of bacon, there will be fun for the whole family with music, balloon animals, a bouncy house, and much more!
More than bacon will be celebrated this year! A portion of the proceeds will benefit Virginia's Commonwealth Autism Service!
For the love of bacon, be there and be hungry!
See more on all these events at: http://www.downtownroanoke.org